Stockland is making Christmas a holiday with our annual Christmas campaign designed to help alleviate the various pressures households may feel as the festive season approaches.
Our research shows that customers are typically time crunched at this time of year and may find gift giving stressful. The campaign will give our customers time to enjoy the holidays and make gift giving and preparing for Christmas an enjoyable experience.
Managing Director of StocklandcCustomer and group marketing, Ben Allen, said: “Christmas is a time when people come together, relax and create joyful memories with their loved ones, although we understand that this can often be one of the busiest times of the year for many families.
“This year, our campaign aims to make Christmas a little less stressful. We’ve backed up our campaign by setting up great customer experiences in the center to help our customers save time and make it easier to give gifts this Christmas.
“It allows our customers to get into the true spirit of vacation; Whether shopping for gifts or entertaining at home, our customers will feel supported knowing they have Stockland in their corner this Christmas.
“We’ve partnered with the Host/Havas team again to deliver another truly integrated campaign this year.”
Host/Havas Executive Creative Director Jon Austin said, “For a holiday, Christmas is a lot of work. So the last thing Australians needed was another ad that talked about putting more on their plates.
“Instead, we focused on all the stress Stockland can take away. And in doing so, we gave Australia the greatest gift of all… a good eight hours the night before.
A short film brings the campaign to life, paying homage to Clement Clarke Moore’s poem, ‘Twas The Night Before Christmas. The storyline humorously deviates from the Christmas constraints that Stockland helps customers avoid, such as wrapping gifts to the wire, last-minute baking, and ensuring stockings are also filled. The spirited tone of the film is reflected in signage and festive displays at our centers.
The campaign will run from November 10 across first-party channels, paid social media, in-store activations and out-of-home media. Stockland has also curated a Spotify playlist titled “Make Christmas A Holiday” which can be viewed here.
Customers now have access to a range of popular activities in our Retail Town Centers that will help them save time and fill Santa’s bag, including gift wrapping stations, babysitting services and Christmas gift and recipe guides.
Center activations include:
- Gift Wrapping Stations – We are again working with charity partners to offer gift wrapping for a gold coin donation. Bespoke gift wraps with cheerful designs in line with our Christmas campaign will be available to customers.
- Complimentary Childcare Services – To streamline the shopping experience and save our customers time, Complimentary Childcare through Stay n Play will be available at a number of our locations.
- Gift Card Giveaway – Customers will have the chance to win a $1,000 daily gift card during the first two weeks of December. Participation in the competition is via a QR code displayed in our centres.
- Photos of Santa – Photos of Santa, including photos of pets at select centres, will be available at all of our centres, with early access to bookings for our Stockland members, sign up to become a member here. Sensitive Santa sessions will also be available at select centers for children with sensory challenges.
- Partnership with Autism Spectrum Australia – We have partnered with Autism Spectrum Australia to host a dedicated webpage which includes a comprehensive list of our accessibility services, sensory events and gift ideas for those with sensory needs.
- Christmas Recipes – A collection of Christmas recipes will be available on our website which features delicious dishes to make entertaining easier. Recipes can be filtered by meal type, ingredients and dietary requirements, ensuring that everyone can enjoy this Christmas.
- Curated Gift Guides – To make Christmas gifting easier, our curated gift guides offer a range of ideas to suit different tastes and budgets. We’ll also include tips on how to wrap any gift, as well as DIY ideas for Christmas candies, advent calendars and stocking fillers.